I have been given the great honour of being nominated for the Thinking Blogger Award by Bunnygirl.
It's great to think that people believe they have benefited from anything written here. I just try to record things as I see them, in an honest way. I believe very strongly in the need, not just to put your views across... but to share an insight as to how you arrived at those views. I try to live by that ideology within the remit of this blog. I can only hope that this nomination is a reflection of that.
In turn, as I have been "tagged", it is my responsibility to name five blogs that give me cause to think about various issues. the blogs I nominate are:
- A Worshipper's Space. Gerry, the author of this blog, looks intently at matters of faith and addresses many different points in a passionate and informed manner.
- New Kid on the Blog. Alastair's blog is relatively new to me... but I have been impressed by a lot of his writings.
- Creaseville. I've known the author - Jenni, for a couple of years now and I think in many ways she is years ahead of herself. Some of her posts can be quite random... because at the end of the day, her blog often reflects her daily life. However when she's switched onto something, her views are really worth listening to... and for that reason above all, I have nominated her.
- Kathryn Marquis.com. I have known Kathryn via MSN Spaces for some time... and she recently moved over to blogger. However she has recently taken some time out for personal reflection. She writes beautifully though... and my hope is that she will return to blogging, when God says that the time is right.
- I want to do something different for No. 5. I guess I feel like Optimus Prime in the Marvel Comics Transformers continuity (there is an issue where Prime holds a fragment of the missing Matrix in his hand... there is enough power to restore one autobot to life... but there are so many lying inactive and he has a crisis as to who to choose. In the end Prime witnesses a serene forest being destroyed in a fight between autobots and decepticons. Feeling responsibility and compassion for the lives of the innocent creatures caught up in the robots war, he casts the Matrix to Earth and restores the battle scarred woodland.) There have been several blogs that I have found inspirational and thought provoking over the few years I have been doing this. Many of those I regarded with fondness have fallen by the wayside. so instead of naming a final current blog, I wish to remember three that inspired me a great deal. Charlotte's, Naomi's and Rachelle's. I miss their input and look forward to the hope that one or more of them will return to the world of blogging soon.
Should you choose to participate, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging. I thought it would be appropriate to include them with the meme.The participation rules are simple:
- If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
- Link to this post (over at The Thinking Blogger), so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
Thank you once more to Bunnygirl for the nomination. I hope that more thought provoking material, flows from this place as the days and months wear on. Thank you everyone who reads this blog and supports me. I pray God blesses you continually and look forward to you all teaching me a trick or two.
Thanks most of all go to God who without any shred of doubt is the source of inspiration of anything good, credible and noteworthy on this site.
I'll shut up now before I start taking myself too seriously, as this is already starting to sound like an Oscar acceptance speech... still at least I didn't break down like Gwyneth Paltrow or Halle Berry... but I can feel the tears welling now - *sniff* .
Keep blogging and may you all be richly blessed.